Author Topic: Alendia, Holy/Disc Priest  (Read 8241 times)

Scarto

• Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
  • The Dude
    • View Profile
Re: Alendia, Holy/Disc Priest
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 12:05:05 PM »
A picture of a hot dad would sustain too.

Be warned she is a expert on naked butts!

Daelthas

• Ancient of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »
Crap, that is just horrible. How do you deal with a situation like that.

There's still the mom.
An ostler has a mood and he kicks the dog. A mage has his moods and a town disappears - A.L

Dawnglory

• Ancient of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
  • I've fought Mudcrabs more fearsome than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »
A picture of a hot dad would sustain too.

Here you are, Dad and I on holiday :)

Though i don't think he is hot.

I do wanna point some things out to you. The average age is around 26 + ish. We dont use Dkp for loot, you roll if you can use the loot.
 In the case that you have the highest roll, but you allready had some loot. The one who rolled second highest will get it.
RL> wow, even if it means a raid cant go through.

Sounds all fair to me :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:45:46 PM by Alendia »

Zusterke

• Sister of the light
  • Administrator
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.orderoftheathanor.eu
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Greetings Alendia,

First of all, congratulations on the quality of your application. It is indeed a remarkable app for someone so young.
Unfortunately, there has to be one bastard asking some difficult questions and since you're applying as Holy/Disc priest... that'll be me :)

You apply as Holy/Disc, but in your armory I see you're specced Holy & Shadow. Do you plan on dual speccing Holy and Disc or do you plan on sticking to a Shadow offspec? Which spec, of Holy or Disc, would you like to call your mainspec? Mainspecs get priority on loot, offspecs come second so it is important to make a choice here. Of course, both are healing specs... which leads me to the question: Do you feel Holy and Disc use the same gear? (that's more a class question but it is relevant to this case).

Another few questions regarding your armory:
 - I didn't get the chance to check out your holy/Disc gear. Let me know if you log out as Holy/Disc so I can check it out :) There's quite a lot to learn about a player based on how he gears his priest imo
 - Your Holy spec shows 2/3 Improved Healing and 4/5 Divine Fury. Is there a particular reason why you did not max one out in favor of the other? Do you have a preference between either talent? (I'm going to give you a hint: the choice isn't necessarily good or bad... I'm only asking for the reason behind the choice)
 - You glyphed Spirit of Redemption. That's ok, but it begs the question why? Can you describe a situation where it proved particularly strong?

That's it for now... muahaha!  >:D

Good luck with the app.
Zus
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:58:47 PM by Zusterke »

Dawnglory

• Ancient of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
  • I've fought Mudcrabs more fearsome than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »

You apply as Holy/Disc, but in your armory I see you're specced Holy & Shadow. Do you plan on dual speccing Holy and Disc or do you plan on sticking to a Shadow offspec? Which spec, of Holy or Disc, would you like to call your mainspec? Mainspecs get priority on loot, offspecs come second so it is important to make a choice here. Of course, both are healing specs... which leads me to the question: Do you feel Holy and Disc use the same gear? (that's more a class question but it is relevant to this case).

Another few questions regarding your armory:
 - I didn't get the chance to check out your holy/Disc gear. Let me know if you log out as Holy/Disc so I can check it out :) There's quite a lot to learn about a player based on how he gears his priest imo
 - Your Holy spec shows 2/3 Improved Healing and 4/5 Divine Fury. Is there a particular reason why you did not max one out in favor of the other? Do you have a preference between either talent? (I'm going to give you a hint: the choice isn't necessarily good or bad... I'm only asking for the reason behind the choice)
 - You glyphed Spirit of Redemption. That's ok, but it begs the question why? Can you describe a situation where it proved particularly strong?

That's it for now... muahaha!  >:D

Good luck with the app.
Zus

Untill now, I've been mostly soloing, achievements and such, thats why i kept shadow as an offspec, i'm planning to dualspec Holy/disc.
I find both ways of healing fun, i dont call either of them my mainspec, but since i've healed more raids with holy, i think that one should be named my mainspec :).(If you have enough holy priests, I can ofcourse make Disc my mainspec, thats no problem to me)

I haven't experienced that disc needs other gear so far. With my current healing gear i was able to do both in a good way

- I didn't max them out because I prefered putting my talentpoints in Healing Prayers and Holy Reach. Because with those talents, and my Tier 8 2 set bonus, my Prayer of Healing was extremely good in Big Aoe fights, Like Kologarn.

- I glyphed Spirit of Redemption for several reasons. it actually started in a Kel'thuzad fight. I died due to an Ice tomb, then got ressed Due to my Spirit of Redemption, it saved the fight, with a close kill. I like the Spell, and i want to use it to its full potential. I actually killed myself in fights(when i was oom) and spammed everyone to full health, with free heals during my Spirit Of Redemption, Which saved the fight.
(Also, i think that Spirit of Redemption looks bloody awesome, but that isnt of that much importance :))

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:21:34 PM by Alendia »

Artemes

• Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 01:24:26 PM »
I believe looks are important! I would rather have good looking gear, but then again I play a troll, can't get much more unattractive... but thats just me xD lol
Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end

Zusterke

• Sister of the light
  • Administrator
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.orderoftheathanor.eu
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 01:40:01 PM »
I actually killed myself in fights(when i was oom) and spammed everyone to full health, with free heals during my Spirit Of Redemption, Which saved the fight.

Make sure Inner focus and Divine Hymn are on cooldown before doing such a stunt. I've seen the spell save many wipes... but most of these were in Heroics. In raids it is a rare event that SoR makes the difference between a wipe and a kill. Still, SoR is quite a nice spell to have ;)

I didn't max them out because I prefered putting my talentpoints in Healing Prayers and Holy Reach.

Those are good choices but don't you have a preference between Divine Fury and Improved Healing?

McG

• Outranks Ian by default
  • Ancient of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
  • Bless you my child
    • View Profile
    • http://www.netivity.nl
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »
I have to agree with everyone else, very well written and thought out application. You have some experience which is nice and you obviously know how to play a priest, I'm sure you'll get on with Streygo and Zusterke :)

Good luck with your application.

Artemes

• Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »
btw he's at work which is why he's not replied yet :)
Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end

Vensham

• Ancient of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
  • Can't hold 'em alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »
lol, about time someone said something for the girls Thayla XD

And Chris is the best priest we had in my last guild, and one of the best healer priests I've come across. Him and Monno were my Uber healing team before we left TLOA, they could heal through anything :)

everyone knows there are no girls in the guild, they dont play wow! its an illusion by blizzard to make us play more, if i get me the game i can get me the WOMAN!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:12:58 PM by Vensham »