Author Topic: The wonderful application of a troll. A hunter troll that is.  (Read 9980 times)

Draegan

• Ancient of the Athanor
    • View Profile
The wonderful application of a troll. A hunter troll that is.
« on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:23 AM »
Hi,

My name is Jill. *Waves*

I'm a 22 year old student from Belgium, soon to be 23, wishing life would move a bit slower. I study philosophy and, after a long time of responding to the question "what are you going to do with that after you graduate?" with an "I don't know yet", I have learned to finally answer that I will be a teacher of morals. Strangely, I get less blank looks after that response.

After many years of regular RPG's (Baldur's gate, Fable, Dragon Age, Devine Divinity, ...) and free MMORPG's (Silk Road, Rappelz, Ragnarok, ...) I have finally upgraded to a better RPG called WoW. About bloody time!

I play Paavu, a troll hunter with ugly feet. Atm I'm only lv9 with very pitiful armor... Yes. I know. I can't even use the dungeon finder yet. Go ahead. You may bash me for requesting to join as only a lv 9-er. BUT!!! This level 9 girl will one day grow up and reach level 85! Think of me as a little ugly duckling for you all to feed and nourish into a fighting, biting, blood-thirsty troll. :)

Why I want to be in this guild:
- Some friends irl are in this guild, so I'ld rather play in a guild I already know people in and apply for it then just accepting a request from some stranger that didn't even talk to me first in game, which, evidently, happens a lot.
- I do have a social life, so WoW is not my entire life and there might be periods where I won't be on at all. So I like the fact that you are not too strict about that.
- I also like your mentor system, 'cause well... Let's face it. I'm gonna need it. Hopefully not too much, but I do try to be realistic :p.

Why I probably won't get accepted:
- I hope I do, but I also know that, though I have rpg experience, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to WoW and the internet doesn't provide all knowledge. And yes, I've done some light reading on WoW to learn more. Have I mentioned I'm also a bit of a geek?

There's not really a lot that I have to offer, although I do have a charming personality! Isn't that what counts? *hopeful eyes*

UPDATE (the 24th of January):
I am now a lv 11 Beast Mastery Hunter. The armor is still pitiful. The feet still look awful. But I am liking my class and race more and more every second. As I travel on my journey with a steady increase in experience, I learn new things along the way. Like the fact that you can't skin humanoids. Which really bummed me out. Ian called me sick person when I mentioned that. Also... I must stay away from the Voodoo, mon!

(Really loving the troll lingo :D)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:42:00 PM by Draegan »

Artemes

• Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
Re: The wonderful application of a troll. A hunter troll that is.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »
Hey aint nothin' wrong with troll feet!!!

:P

Troll feet are beautiful and don't let anyone say otherwise!! :D

//Artemes, 85 Troll hunter ;)
Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end

Admeta

• Crazy cat lady
  • Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:55:35 AM »
Hello Jill! Welcome to the forums :)

I like you already!
Oh, and don't take some of the boys around here too seriously, they'll go crazy when they see "girl" in your app ::)
"There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person."
~Dan Greenberg

Artemes

• Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »
Under no circumstances are you actually required to post nekkid pictures of your self or "hot" female relatives/aquaintances.... Although the men will try to have you believe this!!

Me n Admeta will fend of the bad men!!

GL with your app!

+1 for more trolls in guild from me!!!

Admeta

• Crazy cat lady
  • Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »
I'll tank them  ;D
"There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person."
~Dan Greenberg

EnergyCore

• El dps
  • Officer
  • No Lifers
  • Boom.
    • View Profile
    • My armory profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »
I'll tank them  ;D

Tank...

---

I approve of this application! (she's a bit crazy tho)
- Ian aka EnergyCore

Artemes

• Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »

Dimetrius

• Aeternus Praetor
  • Order of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »
I like you already!
Oh, and don't take some of the boys around here too seriously, they'll go crazy when they see "girl" in your app ::)

In all honesty, it's mainly your boyfriend that does that :)

Hi Jill. You mentioned you have IRL friends here. It's early and the coffee is still brewing, but I don't seem to have read who.

Soleariya

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »
In all honesty, it's mainly your boyfriend that does that :)

??? Dimi? You ok?

Hey Jill! "Big butted tauren waves back". Nice application! And I guess Ian knows more as he mentions she is crazy = +1   :)

Emookao

• and Norah
  • Ancient of the Athanor
  • No Lifers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 12:57:18 PM »
Did someone say Girls? Can i touch it? Please please. I be a good boy, I promis!

Good App.

P.S. if you past a picture of a nakied guy on a horse you get plus points from all the girls in here.